Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Enough is enough already

  1. #1
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Is there nothing else of importance going on in our world besides the snowstorm....everything is pre-emted or cancelled....what is with this already?...there is a war going on young men are dying on the battlefield.....AG could be having a sale....but every channel on Tv is reporting on the snowstorm.....how much coverage do we need....the weather reporters are in a heated frenzy with all the excitement...I gotta tell folks.....it is not all that exciting....it is only snow....we dont have to cancel Sunday....

  2. #2
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's very "visual" story, which quarantees lots of TV coverage. And for a change, it's a genuinely big story in that this is the most intense storm to hit our area (I'm in southern CT) since 1947.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tend to think the same thing about ANYthing the news latches onto. They tend to pick one thing, and talk about it for WEEKS on end, so that no one cares about it anymore. And, with the media, you never know when they're stretching the truth, or even flat out lying.

    I can't believe they're still talking about Natalee Holloway. Yes, it's tragic, but there must be something more important going on in the world than "we still have no idea where she is."

    I think, for snow, if the blizzard was in Southern Arizona, or California, where it hardly ever snows, then it would be news worthy to mention once, but even this much mention would be insane.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lacherig's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2005
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm from Wisconsin so I get so annoyed when they cover blizzards in the Northeast. When I was little, I went trick-or-treating in blizzards and played in snowbanks more than twice the height of me (no joke). It's just snow.

  5. #5
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    I think it is very important to cover what is goign on because people need to know what is going and what to expect for the morning commute. Yes it is a really redicloios that it is being covered all over, but it is very important as the same tima and I am a little sick of it, but I am a little concerned at the same time as well. This is truly a histtoric strom that is going on.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was born and raised in Colorado, it takes some serious snow to get the news to do continous coverage like 12 feet.

    Ashley

  7. #7
    Inactive Member amandajg's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2004
    Posts
    407
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by JeanieD:
    I haven't seen the news for awhile - Canadian TV is mostly covering the Olympics today (way to go Jennifer Heil, gold medal in women's moguls! Way to go Canadian Women's Hockey Team!) so I'm afraid I don't know about this storm. Where? When? How much snow? Is wind a factor?
    We Mantiobans are so used to very cold temperatures, high winds and lots of snow that sometimes it doesn't make our news.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">American news tends to spend an obsessive amount of time talking about the weather. It's just a blizzard in the NE of the country. (funny to think there's a blizzard south of me when it's such a lovely, sunny and clear day here in Montreal!) I can relate to all of the Midwesterners who are a bit confused over the national coverage of this snowstorm --- we get tons of snowstorms worse than that in West Michigan, yet the national news doesn't cover it nonstop.

    and, yay for the Women's Hockey Team, I watched them this morning vs. Russia and they are absolutely destroying the competition! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 12, 2006 01:41 PM: Message edited by: * amanda ]</font>

  8. #8
    AG Crazy in Wyoming
    Guest AG Crazy in Wyoming's Avatar

    Post

    Out here in north western Wyoming, we are covered in deep snow 4-5 months out of the year. Blizzards are the norm and seldom make any news. Today's big news story; it might just reach a balmy 15-20* this afternoon. Yeah!!! -Funny how the big city life is actually less equipped to deal with reality than us simple country folk [img]biggrin.gif[/img] -Bugs

  9. #9
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Being a New Yorker - Yes it is just snow, no it shouldn't get National coverage, but yes it should be covered here. NYC Very Infrequenlty gets the amount of snow that is falling and therefore unless it is Big News people don't take it seriously and can't deal with it the way you can if it happens all of the time. The way that if something Like an Earth quake hit you and got A lot of coverage and didn't or wouldn't in an area with a lot more EQ.

    My Big Bro lives in the Mountains of Colorado so I know the weather there is a bit wacked - It can snow a foot in one day and all be gone the next

  10. #10
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In Regards To Natalee Holloway. As a parent I would want my missing child in the news as much as possible and would hope people would be sensitive enough to NOT say enough is enough about it.

    I go to Aruba every Summer and could feel the pain not only for her mother, but for the Entire tiny Island Nation

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •